TikTok’s rise to fame seemed like it occurred overnight.
One minute you’re poking your friends on Facebook or sharing new songs on your MySpace page; the next, you’re dancing along to Savage Love by Jason Derulo with your mom and grandpa.
Okay, there were a few steps in between, but you can’t deny that TikTok’s rise was meteoric.
Sure, Bytedance (TikTok’s parent company) pumped a ton of marketing spend into the product, but it was TikTok’s organic growth that helped it go viral, thanks to the authentic, clean, user-friendly experience.
So, it’s only natural that TikTok has recently launched a brand new way for companies to sell products to their users.
Here, we will talk about TikTok Shop in more detail, helping you understand what it is, how it works, and how it can take your sales to the next level.
What Is a TikTok Shop?
TikTok Shop is a completely personalized and fully integrated commerce solution where sellers authentically connect with creators and communities to drive meaningful shopping experiences.
Or at least, that is the official line on TikTok’s website.
But what does that sentence, packed full of buzzwords, actually mean?
Well, reading between the lines, Instagram makes a ton of money with its built-in ecommerce system, so TikTok wanted a piece of that action.
It is also an absolute game-changer for founders like you.
The TikTok Shop is a new feature available within the TikTok platform that lets users browse products and make purchases, similar to an Instagram store.
Don’t Skip: How to Make Money on TikTok
The Benefits of a TikTok Shop
Thanks to its inclusion within the app, users can seamlessly slip from watching content to making purchases, one of the many benefits for ecommerce brands to tap into, along with others, which include:
- A massive user base: The biggest benefit to setting up a TikTok shop is the access it gives you to more than 1 billion monthly active users.
- A seamless shopping experience: With just a couple of swings of your forefinger, you can move from the latest dance trends to purchasing products, all with a couple of taps.
- An array of features: The TikTok Shop has a range of features for you to tap into, including personalized recommendations and interactive elements, such as stickers or shoppable videos.
- In-depth insights: The TikTok Shop also offers a wide variety of insights about your customer’s behavior to help you better understand your audience and tailor your offering accordingly.
How to Start Your TikTok Shop
Here’s a quick breakdown of how you can set up a TikTok Shop for your brand:
- Step #1: Create a TikTok Business Account and optimize your profile with a clear profile picture, a short bio, and a link to your shop.
- Step #2: Choose your products, ensuring they align with TikTok’s audience and are visually appealing.
- Step #3: Develop a content strategy, including a mix of promotional videos, behind-the-scenes clips, and engaging challenges.
- Step #4: Promote your shop, using popular and relevant hashtags to increase discoverability and collaborating with TikTok influencers to showcase and endorse your products.
See examples of creators using TikTok Shop below:
How to Increase Sales Via Your TikTok Shop
When it comes to ensuring your TikTok Shop is a raving success, it’s important to approach your store from the lens of a creator and not a brand.
After all, is there anything more cringe than watching two brands talking to each other on social media?
To see true success on TikTok, you must focus on creativity and authenticity, and that is no different from getting your TikTok Shop off the ground.
Focus on creating entertaining content while also showcasing your products in a positive light (despite the saying not all exposure is good exposure). Failing that, have someone do it for you via TikTok Spark Ads or collaborations with TikTok influencers/content creators in your industry.
Here are a few TikTok Shop sales ideas to help get you started:
- Showcase Behind-the-Scenes Production: Offer a sneak peek into your product creation process or daily operations.
- Run Limited-Time Offers: Limited-time discounts or bundles encourage swift action, driving tangible sales during the promotional period.
- User-Generated Content Contests: Incentivize participation with discounts, giveaways, or the chance to be featured, fostering a community around your brand.
- Interactive Product Demos: Whether it’s a makeup tutorial, product unboxing, or a demo of your gadget’s features, tangible demonstrations help customers visualize the value and functionality of your offerings.
Making the Most of Your TikTok Shop Features
As we have touched on, one of the main benefits of setting up a TikTok Shop is the wide array of features you can use to help your brand stand out.
After all, you aren’t the only person reading this article (I hope), and you certainly aren’t the only brand advertising on the social media site.
But that doesn’t mean you can’t take advantage of the many promotional tools on offer, such as branded effects or hashtag challenges, to increase engagement and visibility for your brand.
Keep Learning: How to Use TikTok for Your Business (Ultimate Guide)
Claim Your Free TikTok Shop Tips
Setting up a TikTok Ad is easy.
Setting up a successful TikTok Ad? Now, that takes a little more work.
We’ve got you covered. Check out our free TikTok Ads training here.