There are 5.9 million businesses in the United States, 5.7 million in the United Kingdom, and 2.2 million in Australia. Behind each of those millions of businesses, there’s a founder (or co-founders) who decided, against all odds, to take a risk and start a company.
Do you know what separates them from you? It’s not money, a large network, or experience (although they all help).
It’s the fact that they actually got started.
You start a business by putting one foot in front of the other, steadily walking toward your goal—whether that’s making millions of dollars in revenue, making a dent in your local community, or becoming famous (and then get interviewed in our podcast).
You need to do the same. But how? To actually get started, you need a strong sense of determination and drive, but you also need a certain basic foundation of knowledge—you have to know what those very first steps are.
Our mission at Foundr is to help 10 million entrepreneurs create 10 million ass-kicking businesses. We won’t be able to do it by talking about it, but by helping you get started.
We know it’s hard to start a business. Maybe you don’t know what to do first. Or you don’t know what type of business to start (an agency? An ecommerce store? A blog?). Or the right marketing channels to focus on in the beginning.
Gain clarity and purpose, and you can start any business you want.
That’s why we created a highly comprehensive, completely free guide to help entrepreneurs like you start your own online business.
In this guide, you will explore why you should start your own business in the first place (as Simon Sinek preaches, start with why), the right first steps to take, and how to follow through from there to get your business steady on its feet.
Introducing: The Ultimate Guide on How to Start An Online Business
Unlike most blog posts or guides, we won’t rehash the same old tactics everyone preaches (“start a blog!” Raise VC capital!”). In this guide, you’ll learn the exact steps our students have taken to build their own online business.
Specifically, you will learn:
- The five types of online businesses you can start today – This is the first thing you need to know.
- The four methods of monetization to generate revenue from day one – Don’t launch before you have this figured out.
- Why recurring revenue is a fantastic way of generating money on autopilot – Plus a free calculator to discover how much money you can make and a worksheet to calculate your income goals.
- The four ways to evaluate your business idea – It takes more than a Google search.
- The reason you need to validate your idea before you launch – Plus the most reliable ways to do it.
- The six elements you need to have in place before you launch your business – Including a few tools you can use to help you get started.
- The 20 tools you need to use to launch your business for greater success – Many of these are completely free or affordable.
- The six ways to market your online business and convert your followers to leads as soon as you launch.
- The nine steps to build your list so you can start generating revenue as soon as you launch – Remember, the money is in the list.
- The six principles any successful business owner should live by – These are the things that separate great entrepreneurs from the rest.
We made this guide 100% free, so you can check it out anytime you want.
Don’t have time to read it right now? No problem, scroll down a bit and you will be able to download the guide in PDF form to read anywhere and any way you want.
Building and launching your online business takes clarity of thought and massive action. That is, knowing what you need to do, and then doing it.
If you follow the steps laid out in our guide, you’ll be ahead of most first-time entrepreneurs who are still scratching their heads figuring out those first steps.
Check out the guide and get started with your business.
Have any questions or comments about this guide? Leave a comment below and let us know what you think!